Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My name is Amber people!

I've been called Ashley, April, and Amanda today. I guess today is a day that you just choose any name that begins with an "A" and call me that?!? It's AMBER people, jeez!

I don't understand why people keep asking me if the elevator is working when there is a sign on it that says "OUT OF ORDER." That's so annoying. I dunno if thats a sideways attempt to inform me that the elevator isn't working or its just people being obnoxious, either way, the elevator has been broken for like a week and a half, yes i know it is still broken, no it is still not fixed, yes they are still waiting for a part, same thing they were doing when you asked me an hour ago!

Yes, I am doing my homework, hence the reason my textbook is out. (DUH) I don't just read textbooks for fun. I go to school to learn and to be a student. I don't go to school, to come to work and re-teach you everything I learned that day "Tell me everything you learned in school today." NO, consult a teacher for that.

Do not call me at 4:30am when your shift starts at 6:30am to tell me that you haven't slept and you are tired, and therefore cannot come to work. Sorry, that's not my fault, get your ass to work. No, I am not working a 16 hour shift because you think you're a little princess. OH and then to pull that 2 days in a row...you have no sense. Retard.

Don't get mad at me because the mail lady didn't leave me your mail. I am not the mail lady. You have a key to your mailbox anyway...so what's the problem? What makes you so special that you deserve VIP mail treatment?

Don't buzz me from the garage gate/front gate saying "Hey Amber, its me!" State you're name. Many people live here. I don't know who "ME" is.

You're dog is cute, but some people just don't like dogs. So don't be letting it have the maximum slack from the leash and jump on everyone that is in the lobby. People do not like that. He/she is only cute to you.

You don't need to tell me when you need to go to the bathroom. It's a public bathroom, everyone is welcome to use it.

Please don't ask me where the trash can is, finish wiping all of your boogers out of your nose then proceed to try and place the dirty tissue in my hand like "can you throw this away for me please?" Because no, I can't. I appreciate you asking so politely but I'm not touching your snotty, booger-filled tissue. That shits nasty.

That small gray thing that is on your keychain that allows you to use the elevator and get into the building is called a fob key. Not a beepy thing, beeper, little beep guy, thingymahopper, little beep john, speedpass, etc. If you tell me you lost your speed pass or any of the above mentioned I will either tell you to go to a Mobil gas station for a replacement or I won't have any idea what you are talking about. Please be clear and don't get mad at me when I don't understand you.

When there is a power surge, the power goes out for like 7 seconds and comes back on. Don't come to me and say "The lights left, but they came back." #1, I was like 3 feet away from you at the time, I saw them go out too and #2, The lights don't have legs.

If you ask me to call a cab for you, don't get mad at me if the cab doesn't come. It is not MY fault. I did my part, they just didn't do theirs. You live in Coconut Grove. Walk to the corner and there will probably be like 2-3 cabs just sitting there. Don't be so lazy.

Ok that's about it...lol. I'm not mad at the world today. Those are just the things people do that constantly annoy me.

Oh yea...I was reading applications/resumes for people that are applying via e-mail to work at my boyfriends business and this one was funny. I must start off by saying that he included his street name as his alias in his resume, and the email address is "ladyofdasquad." This is what he had to say:
"I am a quick learner and also a hard worker, I'll be able to get the job done, with no problems. Having a POSITIVE ATTITUDE at all times is what I feel is needed at any workplace. I'm a peoples' person, who gets along very well with others. Don't have much experience in various positions, but I am willing and able to learn and become successful, in whatever the task may be. I BELIEVE I would be a great asset to your company. I am a multi-tasker, getting more than one task done at once. I'm a LOYAL, HUMBLE, and WELL-GROUNDED young man, with a lot of STAMINA to complete any and every difficult task or challenges thrown my way. I have no weaknesses, but most of all I have a good soul. I’m very RESPECTFUL towards others. While being employed with your company, no days will be missed unless, it's a family emergency. Thank You for your time and the opportunity of even being considered a candidate to join your team."
First of all, chill with the CAPS, 'stamina' is a word better used when speaking about working out or sex, you are not God and you do in fact have weaknesses, you never get sick?, having a good soul is not a reason to be hired, peoples' person...wtf?, what a DISASTER!!

Back to studying for these rhetorical analysis AND photoshop exams tomorrow. =(

No comments:

Post a Comment