This morning when I was leaving the house to go to school, I saw a dog get run over by a van. The guy was walking his toy chihuahua and it saw another dog across the street. It bolted out into the street but never made it to the other side because a van ran it over. It was a freak accident....and the dog was soooo small that the driver couldn't even see it. Both dog owners were screaming, everyone at the park ran over to see what happened, the condo employees ran over, the contractors, and the residents. Just a whole swarm of people. Anyways, when the van hit the dog, the wheel just ran right over it...all I heard was "CRRUNCHHH" from the dogs bones crushing. The owner ran out and scooped up the dog but he only had 3 legs at that point, I dunno what happened to the 4th leg. It appeared as if the dog suffered internal bleeding also because his belly became distended. The dog was just whimpering in his owners arms, I dunno if he survived it. Dogs whimper for a while from the pain, then just stop suddenly, and they're gone. The van driver like had no idea what to do. He stopped in the road...then drove, then stopped, then drove, then pulled over. I think he was shocked. The owner just walked off with his dog.
What was I doing to witness this? ....waiting at the stop sign for that van to pass so I could go.
Lesson: USE A LEASH WHEN WALKING YOUR DOG!!! They have a mind of their own sometimes!
I really love dogs, as everyone knows, I'm not a big fan of small dogs, but it was very saddening.
So then I continued on to school and I saw a horse walking on the sidewalk (mounted officer). If you know me, you know those excite the hell out of me and I like loose control of myself lol. I was all in the mix this morning.
The sound of the dogs bones crunching has been repeating in my head like all day...it's like haunting me!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment