Thursday, September 3, 2009

You just have to f*ck with it a little bit...

Another rainy day in Miami...what else is new? I'm sitting here watching the rain fall from my desk at work because I have nothing better to do. On another note, I became the proud new mommy of Mitz on Tuesday evening!!! Yes, yes, I finally adopted him. He's great, so well-behaved. I'm going to look at an apartment that I really think I'm gonna love tomorrow. Super excited about that. If I like it, I'm signing a contract on the spot. I'm tired of this whole apartment search thing, I just want to find something already!

School later today. Ugh, I haven't even purchased any type of school supplies yet. I'm slacking so badly, major senioritis already. I try really hard though, I go in the school bookstore and pick out a notebook and stuff but then tragedy strikes: the line. It's always a mile long, I'm too impatient to wait. Right now, I'm already getting mentally prepared to wait in the line. FML. At least I did my homework today. I had to ask my boss to print it. Of course, the printer jams while printing my paper. I asked my co-worker how to clear the jam, her instructions: "You just have to f*ck with it a little bit, start pushing buttons and slamming things around, it'll work." LOL! Guess what? It worked!

The project manager, Oswaldo, just asked me a favor. When are things ever completely said in English?! Geez. This is what he asked "Can I ask you a favor please? Cuando the fire inspector comes otra vez, can you llamame to the lobby? Thank you" Wow, talk about spanglish! Cuban, obvi. All of us girls just complimented him on being the nicest and most polite contractor we've ever met in our lives. Seriously though, polite+contractor are like an oxymoron when put together. The parking spaces are always blocked off in the mornings because they are doing construction in the garage, and sometimes we can't park, so he will wait around outside until it's our time to arrive and make sure we have a spot. If there isn't one, he moves his car to the metered spots out front. Awwww. Then when we freak out about bugs, dead birds, whatever...we call him and he's here in like 5 seconds, literally, to save our lives. Everything is please, thank you, and ma'am. It's just unexpected, he dresses like he's super poor (but he's not) and smokes about a pack a day.

My big boss said something soooo relative the other day: "If you ever meet a guy that talks a lot, run the other way. They talk, and they don't perform. They're just talking to make up for something they don't have or can't do." Well stated, so true, loves it.

There's a lady that works next door at the bank, but the bank is still being built. They don't have bathrooms or anything yet. So she comes over here and uses our bathroom, but let me tell you...the woman is having major issues today. She's walked through the lobby like 3 times in an hour and a half to use the bathroom. Too bad it's blatantly obvious that she's going to the bathroom. She has to walk past everyone. Can't even be sneaky about yo business! She's been in there for 10 minutes now! Yes...I have been counting because I need to pee dammit!

The Real Housewives of Atlanta comes on tonight...super excited. Obsessed with that show...obvi. Also excited for my 3 day weekend with my new 4 legged child. Hopefully I will actually make it to the beach this weekend. I tell myself I'm gonna go to the beach like every weekend...I never make it. I end up at the pool, but hey, I guess that's better than nothing.

Next weekend issssss....BIRTHDAY WEEKEND!!! Yayyyy. Actually I'm not really sure why that's so exciting, it's not like I'm gonna do anything extravagant!

1 comment:

  1. yayyyyy birthday weekend! lol LOVEEEE that you finally have Mitz!!!

    ReplyDelete