Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ohhh those snazzy winter sweaters

Oh goodness...winters in Florida are too much for me. Floridians aren't used to the cold, so I think they just pull random shit out of their closet and call it an outfit. I've been seeing a lot of snazzy sweaters recently. The guy that delivers supplies is an old man that never shuts up. He came in with a sweatshirt that had a golden retriever on it and said "I love my golden retriever." I was like "Ohh wow, that's a snazzy sweater you've got there, is that your dog?" He responded that it wasn't his dog, but he does have a golden retriever that he loves as he proceeded to hug himself. Today, there's another old guy here wearing a red sweater that has a bear snowboarding. Underneath, his collar portrays some sort of brown button up with deer all over it. I tried to carry on a conversation, but the shirt was just too much. I had to fidget not to laugh. Ohhhh Miami, we need the warmth so I don't fall out laughing at clients in their snazzy attire.

I went to the gym in my building for the first time last night and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Each machine has its own TV. You plug your headphones into the machine, put on the channel of your choice and start your workout. Then the fan automatically comes on low or high depending on your speed. I was on the treadmill watching a show about wheelchairs (yes, random, yet interesting) and forgot I was running. This can result in long workouts. Love it.

So how about this guy that's just completely out of my league but keeps trying. He came in and asked for an application on Friday. Rather large man, furry face like a werewolf, and looks like he plays video games all day. I gave him the application and told him to take it to our company headquarters in Hollywood, address was given. About 2 hours after giving him the application, he comes back.
Dude: "When are we going out to lunch?"
Me: "Never"
Dude: "I thought we were?"
Me: "Your thoughts were wrong."
Dude: "Oh. Well I'm a little stuck on this application, can you help me out?"
Me: "Sure, what did you need help with?"
Dude: "I don't know what to put where it says wage expected"
Me: "That's where you put the wage you expect"
Dude: "But what do I write?"
Me: "How much do you want to be paid?"
Dude: "Like $12"
Me: "Ok so write $12. That was easy, huh?"
Dude: "Oh ok, thank you!"
Me: "You're welcome, bye"
----Today-----
Dude: "HI! Remember me? I shaved! I came in the other day and you gave me an application?"
Me: "Yes, I remember, how are you?"
Dude: "I'm good. I have a missed call on my phone and I'm wondering if you know who it is?"
Me: (thinking: how the f*ck am I supposed to know a random number) "Ok....uhhhhhh"
Dude: "Can you just look at it please?"
Me: "Ok (its some random 786 number) I have no idea what number that is, sorry"
Dude: "Ok thanks, bye!"

What goes onnnn?!?! That was so freakin random. Where do these people come from? They make my life interesting at least, I suppose.

I called Comcast earlier to set up service in 2 rooms in the building. The representative I was talking to was a retard. I would ask him a question and he would ask me "What's your name again?" I think he asked me 6 times. If I wasn't multi-tasking at the time, I probably would've told him that we already established that at the beginning of the conversation and to write it down. Geez.

So school starts tomorrow and I haven't even registered yet. Great, I'm so efficient. Starting the new year off great! Hah. At least I'm going to school, and it's my last semester. Graduating...FINALLY!

1 comment:

  1. OMG you have been a blogging fool!!!! =P No way I can catch up to it all so I'm just gonna pick up where I left off...LOL I doubt it will be often either... :)

    ReplyDelete