Sunday, June 14, 2009

I love my new friends!

I started volunteering at the Humane Society (of Greater Miami) on Friday and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE my new doggy friends! Omg it's so hard to leave them each day. It literally takes me an hour to leave. I say I'm leaving, and I'll tell my partner I'm leaving, but then I end up going to the kennels and saying bye to all the dogs. For some reason, I just feel the need to do so. I mean, what if one gets adopted while I'm not there and I never got a chance to say bye?!?! That would be horrible! If you're not an animal lover, you will never understand lol! I'm not the only volunteer that does that. I see others doing the same thing before they sign out.

Al.B. is my BEST friend there. He's a lab/retriever mix. When I go into his kennel, I tell him to sit and he sits, and shakes my hand! Aww my buddy. Snowflake is next...american bulldog. Sweetest dog but she's on hold, she's leaving me soon to go to her forever home :(. Her roommate is being adopted with her but he's on heartworm treatment and can't go home yet so when he's better, sayonara :(.

I love it there. You know you love something if you can do it for free, in 90-100 degree weather. I miss them already :( Tomorrow my babies, I will see you tomorrow, wait for meeeee!!

I could talk about my friends all day, but I will stop now. Bye bye.

1 comment:

  1. Hey darlin! So I think I should start being more active on my blog...LOL! But I doooo wanna get your email so I can email you while I'm at work, my poor soul gets so bored sometimes and none of my friends are working (therefore sleeping all day and non-email-responsive lol). Talk to you sooooon :)

    ReplyDelete